Friday, February 5, 2016

Our new baby

So I have the sweetest, most thoughtful husband ever!! On Wed he was working out of town, he sent me a text & said stop by TSC on the way home to pick up a small bag of powdered milk & a nipple that would fit a coke bottle. Knowing Michael as well as I do, I didn't even question him just stopped by & got what he wanted.

He said the company they visited was handing out t-shirts & told them to pick a color, as they were picking out their colors the guy said get a tshirt & I have a free goat if anyone wants it. Michael knows that I love my critter babies so he spoke up real quick & said he would take it. It's funny because the guy called Michael on Thurs to check on her.

He got home, came quickly into the house stating he had to go to the bathroom & ask me to get his stuff out of the truck. I really thought this was weird but again I did as he ask. When I walked around the front of the Expedition, I heard what I thought was a baby crying so I opened the door, there stood this precious little baby.

We have to bottle feed her because her mama died so this is a couple of firsts for me. I've never bottle fed anything & I've never owned a goat. She is a fainting goat so it will be interesting to see if she actually faints when she gets older. We are so hoping we can keep her alive, we hear if we can get her through the next few days she will live.

We booted Leroy & Rufus out of their rooster cage so she has a house all to herself & nothing can get to her. Leroy wasn't thrilled at all but he's so hateful we don't even care lol

She still has her umbilical cord attached, she's 5 days old here.

She is so loving so far & likes to cuddle. We are thinking if she lives we may have to get her a buddy. We are turning into little hobby farmers I guess but I sure do love having my critters. Levi has named this sweet baby Nessa Rose, he's been getting up at 1:00 am to give her a bottle which is too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment