Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Quilt part 3

I'm so excited to be getting this much done on this quilt. My goal is to get it all put together & delivered to Roberta before May 1st so she has plenty of time to get it quilted before Mother's Day. Plus we are going to be leaving to go to PCB for bike week and with Mother's Day that following Sun it wouldn't give me much time to do any sewing.

Dilengently sewing these babies together on Sat & Sun

All 30 squares sewn together


Cutting the strips

Matched up all the strips with the squares
A few squares completed

This was my first attempt at mitered corners and I can't believe how easy it really is to do.
 
There are 9 that have the border added once these all have the border around them I'm going to strip it with the red.
 
UPDATE - 4/24
I've managed to get 19 squares completed with the borders, tonight's goal is to get them all bordered so I can start sewing the red strips to them. Tomorrow night's goal is to get the red strip cut & finish sewing them on Sat afternoon & Sun. My time is running out so the goal is to be completely finished by Sun afternoon so I can drop it off on Monday to be quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment